September 19, 2012 § Leave a comment
Since the last recipe was such a success (yum, by the way), we thought we’d do another!
We love the contrast of Martha Stewart’s Chocolate Cake with Whipped Cream and Berries with Tanis Gray’s Lace Infinity Scarf from Stitch Red: Stitching for Women’s Heart Health knit in Whipped Cream. Tanis loves strawberries so it only seemed fitting!
- 2 Busy-Day Chocolate Cake, baked in 2 8-inch round cake pans
- 2 pints heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, washed, trimmed and thinly sliced
- Bake cakes and cool completely.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks, add the sugar and vanilla, and whip again until just stiffened. Do not over mix!
- Slice the top off 1 cake round to make a flat surface. Spread bottom cake round with a thick layer of whipped cream. Top with a layer of half the amount of strawberries. Top with the other cake round and spread with another thick layer of whipped cream. Top with remaining strawberries.
- Slice and serve with any extra whipped cream and berries on the side.