I ♥ Yarn Day!
October 14, 2011 § 1 Comment
Whether you knit, crochet, craft or just adore fiber, today, October 14, is the national day to declare your LOVE for yarn; it is I Love Yarn Day! Knit it, crochet it, weave it, spin it, felt it, carry it, stitch it, give it or bomb it!
Patty Parrish, Executive Director of TNNA says, “Yarn is the foundation for many needlearts so this day offers the opportunity for all of our members to participate by getting creative and finding ways to celebrate with others that share the passion for yarn and the needlearts. It is a great way to connect with your customers and we encourage you to promote this day – have fun with it!”
In honor of I Love Yarn Day, we offer up this free pattern, courtesy of Laureen Pabst.
– 5 balls of Brushed Mohair (colors shown are linen, natural, sand, light and dark camel)
– Needle size 7mm (US 10 1/2)
– Cast on 60 stitches, work in stockinette for desired length, bind off loosely
– Stripe as you wish, (keep in mind that you knit same amount of rows of each color)
– TIP from Laureen, “I used circular needles, so when knitted uneven amount of rows, I could still start color-changes on the same side.”
Happy I Love Yarn Day!